- 1kg African Pride Beef meaty beef bones
- 30ml sunflower oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1x 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 litres beef or vegetable stock
- 1 sprig thyme
- 50ml freshly chopped parsley
- 1 turnip, cubed
- 500g mixed, chopped vegetables
- 100g barley or red lentils
Method:1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
2. Add the bones and brown on both sides. Remove from the saucepan and set aside.
3. Add onions and chopped celery, and fry for two minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes and your choice of beef or vegetable stock. 5. Add thyme sprig and chopped parsley.
6. Return the bones to the saucepan, bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for about two hours.
7. Add the turnip, mixed vegetables and your choice of barley or red lentils.
8. Simmer for a further 30 minutes.
9. Remove the bones, pull off the meat and return it to the soup.
10. Serve and enjoy!